[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.3.3 on Windows XP Unstable

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Aug 11 11:19:29 PDT 2008

Mike,

PostGIS 1.3.3 has been pretty stable for me on Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Red Hat EL Linux.

Though I can't say I have ever tried using disjoint since there are much more efficient ways of checking for disjointedness than using disjoint.  Buffer(..0) I have used a fair amount though and haven't run into any issues.  Though I have had some issues when using - values for buffer.

Which version of Geos are you running? I suppose you could be running an unstable version of Geos.  The latest stable release of geos is 3.0.0 which you can determine if you are running or not with the command.

select postgis_full_version();

3.1 and 3.0.0 rc 3 and before I believe are somewhat unstable.  I think 3.0.0 rcs might have a bug with start point and end_point which was fixed in 3.0.0

Hope that helps,
Regina