[postgis-users] Upload a shapefile to PostGIS via Web?

Bernd Deckert bernd.deckert at free.fr
Thu Aug 14 08:16:35 PDT 2008

Hi Xiaoyu,

Geolabs is at the origin of the opensource Web-GIS "Mapjax"
(http://mapjax.org/mapjax/)  project :
The main pieces of software where Mapjax is based on are :
- Postgresql/PostGIS
- GDAL/OGR libraries
- UMN Mapserver : PHP Mapscript

Mapjax has his own web-based backoffice to build up and generate Web-GIS
sites and geowebservices.

Here some functionalities of the backoffice you may be interested in :

- import Shapefiles or Mapinfo files into PostGIS (through OGR2OGR).
- export data from PostGIS to serveral geodata file formats : Shapefile,
Mapinfo (.tab), KML etc.
- publish PostGIS geodata tables as WMS and WFS layers (through Mapserver).
- generate tilecache for Google maps or Mapserver.

Feel free to try out Mapjax or to take a look into sourcecode to find
the solution for your needs.

Bernd