[postgis-users] Post Gis problem

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Aug 17 22:12:39 PDT 2008

from what I read "C:\..." you seem to be on the windows platform.

./configure, make, etc. is for compiling from source  - you don't need
to compile postgis from source on the windows platform.

Here are instructions for Windows:
http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/

Andreas

fx5900 wrote:
> Hi, I have downloaded PostGis-1.3.3 and trying to run the configure file
> asstated from this site
> http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3/ch02.html.
> However,when i type the command # ./configure or even /configure or
> configure it simply brings back a mesagesaying that either #./ or configure
> is not an internal command. So how do irun this? I have downloaded the file
> in the C:\postgis-1.3.3\postgis-1.3.3path. Please help guys. Cheers

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6
CH-8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
Switzerland