[postgis-users] pgAdminIII crashes when import SQL

Xiaoyu Guan guanxiaoyu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 01:20:29 PDT 2008

Dear all:
Here I have some problems with pgAdminIII. I am not a PostGIS
export,(neither SQL). but I still want to use PostGIS. I have two ESRI
shapefiles. each file have many attribute. here is some steps what I did.
Step 1. shp2pgsql. (win xp)
shp2pgsql -s 4326 -i -I myshapefile.shp myshapefile > myshapefile.sql

this step is work fine. I got two sql files, one is over 445MB, another one
is over 122MB.

Step 2. using query tools in pgAdmin III .
crashes happpens when I am opening the two sql file in query tools of my
database. my pc is Intel Core Dual, 2GB ram, then XP warning is that some
memory(0x00b45d2c) could not be writen. I attached screen shot.

some others. then I try to use psql command.
psql -d mydatabase -f myshapefiles.sql

then I am not sure how psql works. I can use QGIS open the database, but not
my GeoServer or uDig.

is there anyboday have similar situations before?

All the best

Xiaoyu

--
Xiaoyu Guan (Sam)