[postgis-users] pgAdminIII crashes when import SQL

Ervin Ramonllari ervin.ramonllari at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 19 04:04:25 PDT 2008

Hi Xiaoyu,

If I understood your problem correctly, you are trying to load some ESRI shape files into PostGIS database, right?

if so, try the following with psql

>>psql -d dbname -h dbhost -U username -f mysql.sql

dbname - the name of your PostGIS database
dbhost - the host of your PostGIS database
username - your user name to log in to your database
and mysql.sql - the .sql file you created at the first step

this is the syntax you should use to load the data into PostGIS database (as it is in the manual of PostGIS, use Loader/Dumper keywords to google around and find more on it)

hope this helps,

Ervin,