[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

Robert Rainthorpe rob.rainthorpe at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 11:29:40 PDT 2008

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, at 07:17PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>On Aug 20, 2008, at 12:47 PM, Robert Rainthorpe wrote:
>
>Ah!  That's because my Postgres binary is running 64bits, but a
>default compile builds 32bits.  Your new postgis is 32bits, so
>Postgres can't load it.
>
>First, wait for Mark to update the SVN snapshot with some fixes for
>all this.
>
>Then, do this to configure and compile postgis:
>
>export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
>export PG_CPPFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
>export SHLIB_LINK="-arch x86_64"
>export PG_LIBS="-arch x86_64"
>./configure --with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
>--mandir=/usr/local/pgsql/man \
>--with-geosconfig=/Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Programs/geos-
>config \
>--with-projdir=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix \
>CFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
>

>-----

Thanks once again. I'd been mucking about with CFLAGS and LDFLAGS and getting nowhere fast. I couldn't get a Universal binary library built - file kept returning a simple Mach-o bundle i386:

file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/lwpostgis.so
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/lwpostgis.so: Mach-O bundle i386

Glad you got to the bottom of it - it's dinner time for me now and I'll be in trouble with the long-suffering Wendy if I don't down tools for a while and help out.

Rob.