[postgis-users] Building SVN version of PostGIS on Mac OS X Leopard

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 02:03:04 PDT 2008

Robert Rainthorpe wrote:

>> First, wait for Mark to update the SVN snapshot with some fixes for
>> all this.

OK all done.

>> Then, do this to configure and compile postgis:
>>
>> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
>> export PG_CPPFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
>> export SHLIB_LINK="-arch x86_64"
>> export PG_LIBS="-arch x86_64"
>> ./configure --with-pgconfig=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
>> --mandir=/usr/local/pgsql/man \
>> --with-geosconfig=/Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Programs/geos-
>> config \
>> --with-projdir=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix \
>> CFLAGS="-arch x86_64"

BTW is there a particular reason that you are using SVN trunk? It's
still a work in progress and is likely to change a lot over the next
couple of months - I wouldn't recommend putting it into production use
quite yet. Perhaps what you are looking for can be found in the 1.3
branch at http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/branches/1.3?

ATB,

Mark.

--