[postgis-users] Memory problem with ST_Within

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Thu Aug 21 02:39:08 PDT 2008

* Birgit Laggner <birgit.laggner at vti.bund.de> [080821 09:59]:
> Hallo Regina, hallo Frank,
>
> thanks for your suggestions!
>
> Leaving out the_geom didn't solve the problem - I still ran out of memory.
> I attached my postgresql.conf settings and the result of the EXPLAIN
> ANALYSE SELECT to this e-mail.

Hm, the explain analyse finishes successfully. Explain analyse actually
execute the query (in your case in 675 milliseconds), so the problem seems
to be returning the results to pgAdmin, assuming that the queries run on
the same data set.

Your memory related settings are already significantly increased.
Without knowledge about your system if too high.

Other points:
- What is the full error message?
- Do you have more success when using psql instead of pgAdmin?

Regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/
Intevation GmbH, Georgstr. 4, 49074 Osnabrück, DE | AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998