[postgis-users] Postgis and open layers

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Tue Aug 26 23:29:48 PDT 2008

Hi Luigi,

    but with WFS  i´ll have to create the table for each query and serve that table, won´t i? I don´t know very well WFS, but if a i want to make a buffer table with ST_buffer ( for example) i have to create a table and then serve it as WFS ( automatically, coding it in my application). If a i need to change the distance in St_Buffer funcion, then i have to recreate that table and serve it as WFS... or maybe there is a something in WFS specification to make these types of querys? ( not queries over the result table!)
What i want to do is postgis analysis capacity viewed in open layers. Maybe there is a better solution...
Thanks for answering,

Gus