[postgis-users] relationship functions not working well

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Dec 4 13:25:23 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Can you show us your queries?
>
> Some of these examples look a little funny -- i.e. did you query
> contain the
> ST_xxx() function in the JOIN condition and the gometry construction?
>
> -- like this:
> select st_intersection(a,b) from t1 join t2
> on st_intersects(a,b) ;

There's only 1 table.  Is Qgis, I added a where clause to the
connection:

where ST_Intersects(wkb_geometry, SetSRID('BOX3D(-162 55,-161
56)'::box3d,4326))

Qgis takes care of the rest of the details, but it probably comes out
as something like:

select * from swbd where ST_Intersects(wkb_geometry,
SetSRID('BOX3D(-162 55,-161 56)'::box3d,4326));

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin