[postgis-users] RE: WKT Raster project: call for fundings

Tyler Erickson tyler.erickson at mtu.edu
Sat Dec 6 05:52:48 PST 2008

Pierre,

A few questions on the WKT Raster design ppt...

In regards to slide 12, what would be the result of a
(raster1,raster2)->raster3 operation, if raster1 and raster2 had the
same SRID but had a different origins and pixel dimensions such that the
cells locations were not coincident?

Is there also a need for a MULTIRASTER data type, for vector-like
discrete coverages (as illustrated on slide 33)?

Cheers,
Tyler