[postgis-users] how to identify the_geom that cause : RelateOperation called withLWGEOMCOLLECTION type

Ghislain Geniaux geniaux at avignon.inra.fr
Mon Dec 8 08:02:35 PST 2008

I've no collection. It's looks like a bug.

Moreover my table is very large wiht more than 500 000 geometry and i
found no solution to identy the wrong geom.

Here you can see the query, with the same result on different
plateform (LINUX DEBIAN, MACOS, with GEOS 3)

otm=# select distinct geometrytype(the_geom) from ZS2c;
  geometrytype
--------------
  MULTIPOLYGON
(1 row)

otm=# select distinct geometrytype(the_geom) from bd_dispo_finalc ;
  geometrytype
--------------
  MULTIPOLYGON
  POLYGON
(2 rows)

otm=# create table info_nonvoue1 as
otm-# select b.id_parc, z.niv from bd_dispo_finalc as b, ZS2c as z
otm-# where z.niv=1 and intersects(centroid(b.the_geom),z.the_geom)
and b.the_geom && z.the_geom and isvalid(b.the_geom) and isvalid
(z.the_geom);
ERROR:  Relate Operation called with a LWGEOMCOLLECTION type.  This
is unsupported
otm=#