[postgis-users] Problem loading shape data

John Zhang johnzhang06 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:17:53 PST 2008

 Hi there,

I used shp2pgsql command to convert shape data to postgis. I met a problem
when I tried to run the generated sql data file.

The command is as follows:

shp2pgsql -s 3005 "..\AbaloneClosures.shp" hm_vect.AbaloneClosures >
D:\tmp\AbaloneClosures.sql | psql -h flash.HaidaMapping.local -d hm -U
postgres -f D:\tmp\AbaloneClosures.sql

the message tells: "..current transaction is aborted..". However, when I
copied the command to a query window to run, it was successful. It is a
polygon feature class with less than 1000 rows.

When I ran
psql -h flash.HaidaMapping.local -d hm -U postgres -f
D:\tmp\AbaloneClosures.sql
the same problem occurred.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot