[postgis-users] Re: Blank PostGIS Layer in MapServer

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Dec 17 21:49:11 PST 2008

G'day all,

A quick cross posting - I reply to myself - (thanks to Venkat for the
suggestion, albeit not successful)

> I am having generally excellent results with MapServer 5.2, but I am
> having a problem with a postgis line layer not displaying, and no
> suggestion that it shouldn't from the logs.

This was resolved by upgrading from PostGIS 1.3.4 to 1.3.5.

Unfortunately having only upgraded to 1.3.4 on the 14th December, I
missed : (from the refractions website)

News
PostGIS 1.3.5 Release
December 15, 2008
The 1.3.5 release of PostGIS is now available. This release is a small
bug fix release, including a critical fix for using PostGIS with
Mapserver and LINE layers.

Neither did I notice this information in the postgis-users list -
would it have been posted? (I did notice the thread 'Changed behaviour
of PostGIS confuses MapServer' but I was under the impression this
caused a complete crash, not just an empty set to be returned.)

Either way, thanks to those who fixed it.

For FreeBSD, if it helps anyone I have attached an amended Makefile
and distinfo for the port.

cheers

Ben

--