[postgis-users] CONTAINS function still existing in 1.3.5 version?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 03:56:26 PST 2008

pere roca wrote:

> hi all,
> a quick question.
> I want to migrate postGIS 1.2.1 to 1.3.5.
> I suppose that as there is a ST_CONTAINS , the old CONTAINS function doesn't
> exist anymore, right? the same happens for other functions?

It's still there, but deprecated - i.e. don't use it for any more
projects, and it will disappear at some point...

> do I have to update other packages (GEOS...)?

It's up to you :)

For such a large version jump it may be easier to set up a second new
installation, and then use pg_dump with the -t option to move the tables
across one-by-one.

HTH,

Mark.

--