[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 30 13:54:19 PST 2008

Thanks to all who have responded so far.  Keep it coming.  It is at the very
least very breathtaking to here of all the different ways people are using
PostGIS.

On the educational note,  that is actually one of the reasons we want to
write a book.  PostGIS seems like an ideal tool to introduce students to a
more or less unbiased view of spatial database analysis and its rather
disappointing that a lot of the education we see out there is froth with
ESRI centric training (not meaning to start an ESRI bashing war but we feel
education or at least grad/undergrad should be non-commercial oriented).
Well hopefully that is changing and it seems to be.

A section on Applications would be nice at least to provide people some sort
of breath of the possibilities I think.

Thanks,
Leo and Regina

  _____