[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Dec 30 16:37:35 PST 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:21 AM, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> 1) How you use PostGIS?

As a platform for terrain and hydrological modeling, a database
backend for web sites developed using GeoDjango, and as a datasource
for rendering with Mapnik.

> 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?

PostGIS is an amazing tool for instructing/teaching the basics of GIS
and open source tools.

The community and documentation are top notch.

The mature functions for advanced data processing and visualization
make it a touchstone tool in the open source gis users toolbox.

> 3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use
> and of
> course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?

Yes! I think a book of the nature described by Regina would quickly
become the most recommended and useful book for beginners and experts
alike in the open source gis realm.

Dane