[postgis-users] upgrade to postgres 8.3RC2 on Windows

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Feb 1 05:57:58 PST 2008

Just rereading the error.  Yes I blame the Mapserver PostGIS driver for
this difference in behavior

Error in msPOSTGISLayerRetrievePGVersion(): Error executing POSTGIS
statement (msPOSTGISLayerRetrievePGVersion():select substring(version()
from 12 for (position('on' in version()) - 13))

I realize now that in my complicated layer case it most have been trying
to infer the PostgreSQL version by calling the PostgreSQL version()
function and the in RC2 in the version return must be causing problems.

So when the final release comes out of 8.3, I suspect it will be 8.3.0
or 8.3.something and this will be a non-issue.

Hope that helps,
Regina