RE: [postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Proposal for supporting Extrude, Tessel

guido.lemoine at jrc.it guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Wed Feb 20 23:20:34 PST 2008

In effect, this issue is about styling of KML, and not so
much about the real data itself. I wonder whether postgis
should be concerned with that too much.

askml() produces only partial KML fragments anyway, so you
always have to make an effort, external to postgis, to
produce valid KML for display in GE (e.g. using XSLT).
This may as well include styling.

I'm not suggesting this is not a good idea, but IMHO, it's
not essential.

GL