[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Proposal for supporting Extrude, Tesselate, and Altitudemode options in PostGIS KML generator

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Feb 19 09:45:14 PST 2008

As far as the KML proposal and syntax, I think both Paul and Martin's
suggestions are good improvements.

> What about providing a string parameter which can supply the various
> options in a human-readable format?
> E.g. "extrude=1 tesselate=0 altitudeMode=clampToGround"
>
> Easy to read, easy to parse, easy to extend...

If I had to choose between them I think the ease of reading of this
approach above is the nicest, if not most grass=like.

Thanks so much to Eduin for pulling this together.

Anyone have more thoughts?

Cheers,

Dane