[postgis-users] Finding a PostGIS guru (in Australia)

Craig Feuerherdt craigfeuerherdt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 19:52:28 PST 2008

I work for a small agricultural management company and have been 'dabbling'
with PostGIS for over a year now.

We have started developing a (spatial) database to manage our assets and
land management practices. We are wanting to employe a PostGIS/SQL guru who
has additional skills in programming/scripting and Linux to get our system
and data collection processes integrate and humming along.

Where is the best place to find such a person in Australia?
Are there any readers of the list who would be interested?
What sort of salary (range) are we talking about?
Does anyone have a job description they have used to employ such a person
that I could use?

Naturally most of the advertised jobs are focussed on proprietary database
management. Obviously, if a person had skills in SQL they could be applied
to the spatial functions provided by PostGIS, however I am wanting someone
with experience in spatial data to minimise the induction.

A always, input/comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Craig