[postgis-users] Finding a PostGIS guru (in Australia)

Mark Leslie mark.leslie at lisasoft.com
Wed Jan 2 21:19:11 PST 2008

Craig,
I think you've hit on the first step already: try the list.

Are you dead set on hiring someone, or would you be interested in
contracting the development out (gesturing subtly to my signature line).
 There are a lot of good people on the list that could be of great
service to you, but likely won't be available permanent/full time.  Is
this the sort of position you're looking to fill, or is it more a matter
of getting you set up and transferring enough knowledge to maintain it
before moving on or starting up a support contract?

It's also hard to suggest a job description without very much knowledge
of the job.  Is this strictly a DBA position?  What technologies, beyond
PostGIS/Linux, are you using?  Will the position only be concerned with
the database, or a supporting application as well?  What stage of
development is the system in?  Is there still a lot of design work to be
done?

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Software