[postgis-users] Finding a PostGIS guru (in Australia)

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Jan 2 23:16:13 PST 2008

--- Craig Feuerherdt <craigfeuerherdt at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Craig,

There are plenty of users (like me, across the ditch in NZ) who are happy to
help you on an informal basis. I do pretty much what you are talking about for
my company in NZ, but I'm not at liberty to help you formally. If you can set
up a basic Linux system yourselves, there are a number of companies who can
manage this remotely for you, we have contracted PostGIS related development to
NZ company, Catalyst IT, (http://www.catalyst.net.nz/services). That approach
also means you are not dependent on an individual, but working with a company
which has a few dozen Linux/database/programmer types available may be a safer
option.

You might also chase up Fujitsu in Oz, as they support Postgresql in OZ
(http://postgresql.fastware.com/), and may be interested in PostGIS as well.
Also, an Australasian chapter of OSGEO is up & running (well, walking anyway),
and it is probably worth asking there as well:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Aust-NZ

A few other places to look at:

http://www.elx.com.au/support.php
http://www.cybersource.com.au/development/
http://www.linux.org.au/

& I'd guess a few others on this list will offer advice &/or services as well
:-)

Cheers,

  Brent Wood