[postgis-users] Problem (bug?) in ST_POLYGONIZE

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 10 03:14:04 PST 2008

Hello,

I have a linenetwork with 15 LINESTRING() elements. I am using
ST_POLYGONIZE() to create new POLYGON() elements. I'd expect to get 6
polygons, but ST_POLYGONIZE() creates only 5 polygons. To make sure that
my data is ok, I selected all start and endpoints of the LINESTRING()s and
made sure that every start/endpoint of a LINESTRING() has two
counterparts, which is the case.

This looks like a bug to me. I would appreciate if someone else could a
look at my data. Attached is the dump of the table and a screenshot of the
line-network. If you load the dump, you might want to replace the owners
with your own userid. In the screenshot, one line is marked as green. This
is the line that is ignored by the ST_Polygonize() command.

I used
SELECT geom AS the_geom FROM ST_Dump((SELECT ST_Polygonize(the_geom) AS
geom FROM admin.plz));
as the SQL query.

I'd appreciate any help on my problem, resp. an answer if this might be a
bug or not.

Thank you,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland