[postgis-users] Problem (bug?) in ST_POLYGONIZE

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu Jan 10 10:28:25 PST 2008

This is not a bug. It looks like your linestrings are not properly noded.

IE. on your line in question, the end node is POINT (697787.741
247263.451), but the other two lines are noded at POINT
(697787.7410000002 247263.451).

Try using snaptogrid().

SELECT geom AS the_geom
FROM ST_Dump((
   SELECT ST_Polygonize(ST_SnapToGrid(the_geom, 0.001)) AS geom
   FROM admin.plz));

Cheers,

Kevin Neufeld
Software Developer