[postgis-users] degrees between points

Nicholas Lan Nicholas.Lan at ursaminor.nl
Fri Jan 18 02:41:33 PST 2008

Thanks for your response. However, this is also not giving the answer I
expect. As the input you show illustrates, this input gives a response of 45
degrees, whereas the answer should be 90 degrees if 90 90 corresponds to the
north pole and 0 0 a point on the equator. I have also tried this with a
point 89 89 with a similar problem. A point 90 0 does however give the
correct result of 90 degrees. Do I still have the wrong idea about what the
function should do?

Regards
Nicholas Lan