[postgis-users] Error while MapInfo file to PostGIS

Surachai Locharoen kan2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:34:30 PST 2008

I import file in MapInfo format into PostGIS by using ogr2ogr
Example
        export PGCLIENTENCODING=WIN874  // I import file which use this
encoding.
        ogr2ogr -append -skipfailures -f "PostgreSQL" PG:dbname=MapDB
ADMIN_BND.TAB -nln ADMIN_BND

The map is composed in many file So I have write python script to import
file. I import one file per table.
While I import I found these error
  - ERROR:  new row for relation "ROADCL" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_wkb_geometry"
  - Error: Character 0x81 in WIN874 encoding cound not mach any character in
UTF-8 encoding.
  -  ERROR:  geometry requires more points

I have very headache. Could you sugest a solution or tool to convert a
mapinfo to postgis

--
Surachai Locharoen