[postgis-users] detabase design question

Andre Schoonbee andresch at iway.na
Fri Jan 25 04:09:11 PST 2008

I do not have years of experience and am faced with a challenge:
My client have lots of vector data. Some are from a few years ago and they
want to load all data into postgis. The data covering a wide spectrum -
basically all spatial data for the country. This is census data, regions and
the subsequent changes to the regions, National rainfall and also regional
rainfall. Mining, roads and the changing of the roads the past 10 years.
Boreholes from 10 years ago, and subsequently replaced by pipelines.
Veterinarian data, etc...

So some of the data is national data and some is regional data. But the
regional data is not always related to the current region, because the
regions have changed in the last couple of years.

So my question:  Is there a basic concept design that will cater for these
kind of scenarios? Any ideas might help

Thanks

Andre