[postgis-users] The lazy donut maker

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Mon Jan 28 04:30:20 PST 2008

Hi,

    maybe this is a recurrent question but, is it possible to create polygons with holes in postgis directly? What i want to know is, given two concentric circles, with different radius, can postgis make directly (with no other data, as "the inner circle is a hole or is another polygon") two polygons ( the donut and the hole)?
I´ve got a group of closed lines, some of them inside the others ( polygons inside polygons). I want postgis to create the areas with autodetection of holes, etc...
Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Gus