[postgis-users] The lazy donut maker

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Tue Jan 29 01:27:09 PST 2008

Thanks Kevin,

    I´ll try it later, because it seems dump gives something different i
expected, so some experimentation is required. By the way, I´m trying a
different approach and i´ve got a question. After searching in postgis list
and manual, i can´t find a postgis function to close an open linestring. So
i supose  have to add the first point as the last one in my not very complex
polygons. No problem. But my question is, is there any other way? I think
this type of job is very usual (Arcgis, Cad software has functions to do
it), so i´ts strange all postgis folks write a large sentence to solve
this... Is there any Postgis function  or postgis trick?
Maybe this mail is linked to another ones, talking about "reinventing the
wheel"? :)

Gus