[postgis-users] Postgis to ESRI shape file encoding problem

Ervin Ramonllari ervin.ramonllari at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 06:34:31 PDT 2008

Ok, thnx
but i have tried this solution before.

It looks like a problem with the shape or most probably with the dbf file encoding. the dbf encoding should be SQL_ASCII.

Actually, if you try to save an Excel spreadsheet( which contains special character - Ë, Ç ) as a dbf file, the result is the same as in my exercise. The special characters can later be replace by using ArcView or ArcMap.

I just decided to remove my special characters from my database, so it's not a concern anymore (for this time, a solution has to be found anyway).

Just, for curiosity, has somebody had the same problem as mine?

Thanks to all you guys,

regards
Ervin