[postgis-users] Creating a Flow Diagram

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 2 09:30:14 PDT 2008

Hi Stanley

I'm still in the primary learning stage with Postgis.

I would appreciate you critiquing my thoughts.

With the two tables - entity and entity_relationship - the idea is to
establish a parent geometry (perhaps a point known to be within established
boundries) and establish the position of  child entities ( in my case,
process graphics) in relationship to the parent.

Furthermore, you seem to indicate that any entity can be both a parent
and/or a child to another entity.

You also indicate that the placement of the child entity can be established
in relation to the relative geometric sizes of the entities.

Have I been somewhat correct so far?

Bob