[postgis-users] Intersection - No GID

SenTnel elvin.pimentel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:12:20 PDT 2008

Hi... again! =^D

While Im learning about this exciting new area to me Im going thru some SQL
tutorials, but so far can't find an answer to this dilema I have:

My database has a lot of empty "street" fields, meaning that a lot of
streets has no name registered, they're just plain blank, so I can't enter
the proper "road clasification", so they don't show up in the maps because
the SLD has clasifications for "street", "avenue" and "highway".

What I would like to do is to INSERT something like "N/A" (Not Available) in
every field that is empty in the "street" column, but don't know exactly the
SQL statemet to tell:

"In mytable, street column, insert 'N/A' in every empty space"

I owe you one more!

Thanks!!