[postgis-users] Semantics of difference() function

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed Jun 4 09:55:50 PDT 2008

Ah, right - now I see why you're getting a multipolyon back, due to the
new vertices being introduced.  Welcome to the world of finite-precision
geometry!  It's kind of like quantum physics - ordinary geometric
operations work differently and sometimes have peculiar side effects
down at the vertex scale....

--

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect