[postgis-users] GIST index speed

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 07:48:02 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Bummer. Well if you need any other cock-eyed theories, let me know :)

Hi Paul,

Please feel free to add more: I think it's that we're doing something
strange with palloc/pfree/TOAST, maybe casting, or it's something in the
PostgreSQL index AM. Do you have any success with profiling under OS X?
If so, it would be good to get at least a working profile output of both
query cases, so we can try and determine where the time is being
swallowed during the index scan.

ATB,

Mark.

--