[postgis-users] Postgis for geology work

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Thu Jun 12 07:24:34 PDT 2008

Hi Gustavo;

You're certainly starting from the bottom up!  For an application like
this, why not take a look at GRASS?  For at least part of the work?  You
can export your data to PostGIS when the mood strikes you.

Take a look at http://grass.itc.it/grid3d/

Alternatively, if you're determined to write a bunch of code to work in
conjunction with PostGIS, maybe some of that code already exists in GRASS.