[postgis-users] Polygonize

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Fri Jun 13 09:08:33 PDT 2008

Dustin,

Is the noded_lines.sql dataset captured before or after you have grouped
them to make them unique?  There's lots of coincident segments in there
now, which will make the polygonize fail.

I'm wondering whether the GROUP BY is working to provide unique line
segments (regardless of orientation).

I'm a little suspicious of that snaptogrid as well...  is it actually
making the endpoints coincident?  I seem to recall it has some
subtleties in its semantics.

Martin