[postgis-users] Shapefile Tool

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Fri Jun 13 12:15:48 PDT 2008

In QGIS, select Layer->New Vector Layer... from the main menus to create a
new layer.  It will prompt for the type and attributes and then a file name
to save the new shapefile as.  Once you have done that simply select the new
layer in the legend and then select the "Toggle Editing" button from the
toolbar to start editing the new layer.  There are polygon, line and point
editing tools to enable the drawing of features.  When finished select the
"Toggle Editing" tool button again and it will ask if you want to save your
changes.  Select yes to have the features written to the shapefile.

Hope that helps...

 Aaron Racicot - GIS Programmer
 aaronr at z-pulley.com
 z - p u l l e y