[postgis-users] Scaling

Bob Pawley rjpawley at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 15 10:03:38 PDT 2008

Hi

I'm hoping someone can see what I am doing wrong.

I am attempting to scale a geometry to match the size of another geometry.

Following is the function I'm using, but I get an error '(double precision)
does not exist. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the arrangement of
brackets, but I just can't see it.

 Update graphics.process_dgm
 set (the_geom) =  (st_scale (the_geom, (st_Boundary
 (st_xmax (st_Boundary(graphics.process_dgm.the_geom)))-
 st_xmin (st_Boundary(graphics.process_dgm.the_geom))),
 st_ymax (st_Boundary(graphics.process_dgm.the_geom))) -
 st_ymin (st_Boundary(graphics.process_dgm.the_geom)))
       where graphics.process_dgm.description = 'Valve';