[postgis-users] OT: Any one know of a Census list that discussesthe Tiger data

rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com
Fri Jun 20 15:25:59 PDT 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Obe, Regina wrote:
> I suppose we can have just one list to cover all national data formats.
> Would be interesting to compare across all the nations how each tracks
> similar things.  We might be able to learn a lot from each other.

Agreed that it's convenient to have all national data formats on topic on
a single list; since one thing I would have wanted to ask questions on
in the past is aligning data at the political boundaries between
countries.

> I don't think the list will be that that trafficked anyway if it was just
> Tiger. I've been playing with Tiger and Canada's equivalent for a project
> I'm working on so having just one list to subscribe to would be nice.

Ah. Curious what (and where) Canada's equivalent is?  I could have
used something like that a few years back and didn't see one.