[postgis-users] Postigis self documenting code?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jun 21 10:37:04 PDT 2008

Dane,

This sounds like a great idea.  I had originally planned putting the
comments in the lwpostgis.sql file, but I kind of like the idea of
separating it out into a separate .sql file.

The only thing I'm concerned about (which maybe you have already considered
in your python script).  Normally one may want the comments in the docs to
be longer than appears in the postgresql meta data and  sometimes the
postgis xml would have html like code snippets or html entities e.g <
instead of < that would look silly in the postgresql meta data.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to put a special tag around things in
the postgis.xml that we would want included in the meta data and then parse
those tags.

I don't know much about doc book format - are we allowed to extend the dtd
or use existing items in it to accommodate?

Thanks,
Regina