[postgis-users] Problems Compiling GEOS 3.0

Devrim GÜNDÜZ devrim at CommandPrompt.com
Sat Jun 21 07:15:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 13:40 -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:

> Anyway, I'm having lots of problems running make on GEOS 3.0. Errors
> saying "'DoubleBits.cpp memcpy' was not declared in this scope. and
> the
> same for strtod in StringTokenizer.cpp. It looks like there are some
> #include statements missing or I have a non-standard set of *.h files
> (I'm using Fedora Core 9, Linux).

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/geos/F-9/geos-2.2.3-gcc43.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup

This is the patch which is included in Fedora-9.

FWIW, I just pushed Geos 3.0.0 to PostgreSQL RPM Repository:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE