[postgis-users] ST_Contains - WGS84

postgis.domain.thewild at spamgourmet.com postgis.domain.thewild at spamgourmet.com
Fri Jun 27 06:18:20 PDT 2008

Markus Schaber - schabi at logix-tt.com a écrit :
> I'm not really sure about that, it may be that the rubberbands get
> mangled into curves in certain projections. And so vertexes from other
> polygons might "jump" on the other side of the rubberband.

Indeed, I would assume that too.
Projections do not preserve parallelism, so I guess that the same
geometries projected in two different srids could have different
ST_Relate results.
If you want "true results", I think you have to go for a real coordinate
space like 4326.

That's just the way I see things btw, I would really like someone to
clarify this.

Regards
--
Arnaud