[postgis-users] Re: Installing PostGIS on Suse

Ralf yukyuk at gmx.com
Mon Jun 30 17:59:38 PDT 2008

Hey, thanks for the heads up.

I tried to play with the settings in the Makefile and made experiments with symlinks ... nothing worked out. So I uninstalled postgresql and reinstalled everything from the GEO repository (thanks Brent!). Since I am on Suse 10.2, everything should work out fine. And it seems as if it is ... rpm copied the binaries like psql into the /usr/bin directory. Sorry, but where can I find a start-script for postgresql now, where is the data-folder? I am not able to locate anything of the installation except the stuff in the /usr/bin dir.

Thanks a lot!!!
--Ralf