[postgis-users] libiconv-2.dll problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 01:17:50 PST 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 08:40:31 Steven De Vriendt wrote:
> Using Windows Vista I'm trying to do a shp2pgsql command.
> However, shp2pgsql crashes and mentions the error: libiconv-2.dll
> can't be found. Is this a PostGIS or a PostgreSQL error ?
> I'm using the latest PostgreSQL with latest PostGIS...
>
> Thx
> Steven

Hi Steven,

Hmmm this almost sounds as if the version of libiconv-2.dll used to build the
PostgreSQL/PostGIS installer is different from the one included with
PostgreSQL. I'll have to look into it, however I can't access my VM at the
moment :(

Has anyone else experienced this with other combinations of PostgreSQL/PostGIS
installer? For example, does the same PostGIS installer work for PostgreSQL
8.2?

ATB,

Mark.

--