[postgis-users] synchronise /replicate postgis database

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Wed Mar 12 09:27:32 PDT 2008

Create roles for all of your users.
Create two databases, production and publication.
grant the appropriate privileges to each database and to the tables
contained in the database to the roles.

Not difficult!  You will need to study:

- the "createuser" postgresql command-line utility
- the "createdb" postgresql command-line utility
- the SQL "GRANT" command

As an alternative to "createuser" and "createdb" you may wish to use the
"PGAdmin" GUI utility.