[postgis-users] Does geometry field type have a size limit?

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Mar 12 12:57:56 PDT 2008

How are you determining that the geometry field is null

are you actually doing a

SELECT * FROM blah where the_geom is NULL

If you are looking at it from say PgAdminIII, it may look blank.  That's
just a limitation in PgAdminIII - not in PostGIS.

If you do a

SELECT ST_NumGeometries(the_geom)
from blah

on those blank ones - if it returns a number you should be fine.