[postgis-users] NEED Win 64bit OleDb or ODBC Driver

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Mar 14 05:19:07 PDT 2008

I didn't read your last part about the linked servers deal.  I was
planning to do the same thing for a SQL Server 2005 64-bit server and
went as far as installing the 64-bit driver I mentioned here

http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html

Then I ran into another snaffu - (a Microsoft one) - evidentally or at
least last I checked, Microsoft has not released a 64-bit version of the
OLEDB Provider for ODBC needed to make 64-bit ODBC connections via
Linked Server
I think its called MSDAOSP or something of that sort which I think was
called  MSDASQL in prior versions.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2495186&SiteID=
17

Let me know if you find out otherwise since I would be VERY INTERESTED
too.

I was thining of trying the OLEDB PostgreSQL driver, but not sure if
there is a 64-bit version of that and I think its a lot  less tested
than ODBC.

I was hoping I could use the ADO.NET driver but haven't quite figured
out how to register that in the Linked servers providers list or if I am
missing yet another piece of glue.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful,
Regina