[postgis-users] st_union says geometries have different srids

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 13:26:49 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 11:54 -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> NP, the architecture is a red herring, since the reporter saw the
> problem in 64-bit land and I have now seen it on two different 32-bit
> compilations (OS/X (thanks for the explanation!) and Linux)
>
> P.

Okay. In fact, looking at this bug report here:
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=3 we see a similar thing
with PostgreSQL 8.3 and arrays. This suggests that I managed to miss out
something in the patch to allow PostGIS to work under PostgreSQL 8.3, and
it's likely to be related to accessing arrays :(  So it's likely something
trying to access the LWGEOM varlena size within an array directly, rather
than using the appropriate access macros provided by PostgreSQL.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland