[postgis-users] shortest_path_dijkstra1_as_geometry_internal_id error msg

Edel Banks osgisfyp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:12:16 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I just started using pgrouting. I followed the tutorial with my own data and
have everything setup but when I run:

SELECT astext(required_roads.the_geom), required_roads.name FROM

    shortest_path_dijkstra1_as_geometry_internal_id (
        'required_roads',18583::integer, 18597::integer, 300::double
precision)
    AS T1 INNER JOIN required_roads on required_roads.gid=T1.gid;

I get this error message:

ERROR: operator does not exist: text || boolean
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You may need
to add explicit type casts.
Context: PL/pgSQL function
"shortest_path_dijkstra1_as_geometry_internal_id_directed" line 100 at
assignment
PL/pgSQL function "shortest_path_dijkstra1_as_geometry_internal_id" line 15
at for over execute statement

As shown in the code above I added in explicit type casts but still no joy.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks